I’m kicking off the summer with this detox salad! I love this new creation I made the other night. It’s refreshing, satisfying and oh-so good for you.
I love kale as a salad base because it is packed with protein, fiber, nutrients and is a low-calorie food. Heck, all the ingredients in this salad help your body in someway. Whether it’s cherries’ powerful antioxidants or mangos’ ability to alkalizes the whole body you’ll be making this salad more than once.
Here’s how you make this Summer Detox Salad…
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 cup pitted cherries
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/8 cup sliced almonds
- handful cilantro – chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onions
- 1 medium mango – cubed
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and cayenne pepper (to taste)
- In a large bowl toss all ingredients except mango together.
- In a small bowl mix together dressing ingredients. Add dressing to salad and toss using your hands. Massage the dressing into the kale. This makes the salad even better.
- Spoon salad onto plate and arrange the mango cubes around the salad. Enjoy immediately.
NOTE: This salad can be made ahead of time because kale is such a hearty green the dressing will not make it soggy. I like to make this salad in the morning and bring it to work for lunch.
Let me know if you enjoyed this salad in the comments below 🙂 Thank you!